A.I.R. Resources - A Technology Centre for marketing the vast infrastructure resources of Prasar Bharati.
Prasar Bharati one of the largest broadcast facilities setup in its two organisations - All India Radio (AIR) and Doordarshan (DD) catering to one billion people.
AIR Resources provides total solution for Broadcasting, audio, video and tele-communication needs by pooling from Prasar Bharati's vast reservoir of resources in the form of Infrastructure, Human Resources and Technical Expertise in the field of broadcasting and related areas.
AIR Resources is open to commercial opportunities & Revenue Earning ventures in the field of broadcasting covering planning, installation, operation & maintenance of broadcast facilities
To initiate appropriate measures & develop business opportunities to undertake profitable projects and activities in broadcasting sector.
To allow other broadcasters / telecom providers to use Prasar Bharati hardware / software infrastructure by charging licence fee / usage fee.
To provide consultancy & services to various broadcasting organizations, private companies, telecom service providers, ISPs etc.
To undertake system design, integration with existing infrastructure, drawing of specifications, costing, formulation of proposals & other related works for the clients.
To undertake installation, operation and maintenance of broadcasting facilities.
To harness inner strengths of the organisation to identify, develop and consolidate its resource base.
To generate revenue by taking profitable venture in the field of broadcasting, computers and communications.
To provide world class consultancy services and undertake turnkey jobs in the specialised field of broadcast engineering and related areas.
To facilitate growth of Indian Broadcasting & Telecommunication sector by optimal utilization of Broadcasting facilities and resources.
To become premier national and global provider of broadcast transmission infrastructure and related services.
1.Sharing of Prasar Bharati Infrastructure such as Tower, (STL Tower, self supporting SW tower, integrated TV/FM tower) building, land on licence fee basis, on most competitive rates to Broadcast Service Providers.
Towers and space to Mobile operators on rental : Very affordable Rate Card, upto 70 mtr.
Tower, covered space and Open space for Pvt. FM Broadcasters on very affordable rates to have minimum gestation period in all 91 cities proposed by Ministry of I&B under Phase-II Scheme
2. Consultancy services including feasibility studies, turn-key jobs and operations & maintenance in the specialized fields of
(i) Terrestrial Broadcasting for Radio and Television : This includes the frequency planning, coverage planning, system design, installation, testing and commissioning, operation and maintenance of terrestrial broadcast FM/MW/SW transmitter networks.
(ii) Satellite Broadcasting: This includes planning and system design, execution and operation of fixed and mobile (SNG) uplink and down-link systems using both analog and digital technologies.
(iii) Studio systems including interior design, acoustics, state-of-the-art Radio & TV studios and post production equipment.
(iv) Data Broadcasting & Internet Broadcasting.
(v) Acoustics and audio video system for theatres, auditoriums and conference halls.
3. Turnkey solutions for establishment of 50 Watt FM Community Radio Station for Universities/Colleges/Residential Schools.
4. Selling of Air time on MW/FM/SW Broadcast transmitter network of AIR to educational/ agricultural institutes.
5. Providing on site and institutional training in various disciplines of broadcasting.
Project Implementation and co-ordination.
Software development, Non-linear Editing and Animation.
Operation and Maintenance of broadcast Transmitter and Studio Equipment.
Network Planning and Management.
6. Software development and content packaging.
7. Civil & Electrical construction work specially for broadcasting setups, Auditoriums and conference halls etc.
8. Transfer of Technology.
Remote Telemetry system for FM Broadcast Transmitter
Satellite based Telemetry system for remotely located, unmanned TV transmitter.
FM Broadcast Transmitter & Antenna
Digital News gathering for Radio PSTN/ Cellular/ SAT Phone/ ISDN.
Radio News room Automation system
RDS & DARC on FM transmitters
9. Performance Measurement and Field Strength Survey Analysis of Broadcast System after completing Project.
10. Test facilities for Acoustic material testing
Acoustical measurements and Electro Acoustic Transducer Testing
Key objectives in every project undertaken are:
Flexible, state-of-the-art and cost effective solution to every customer’s specific requirement.
Emphasis on total professional approach, on schedule completion of projects and customer satisfaction.
High quality and cost effective operation and maintenance support.
Consultancy and advice in selection of appropriate equipment in customer’s best interest.
Technical Expert Services Groups
Acoustics Engg., Antenna Engg., Audio Engineering, Automation, Telemetry, FM Data Broadcasting, DRM, Digital Video, Internet, Networking, Propagation and Frequency Planning, Satellite & Microwave, Video Systems.
Studio set-ups, transmitters, Terrestrial & Satellite Linking system, lands & buildings
Core team of 3400 qualified Engineering Managers/ Expert Engineers to do basic work of consultancy, soliciting business, technical design, Draws the staff form Prasar Bharati to execute projects and activities
AIR Resources' set up and managed on the lines of profit centres in a corporate entity under AIR.
At apex. Level CEO, Prasar Bharati assisted by an empowered committee consisting of DG:AIR, Engineering-In-Chief (AIR), DDG(F), ADG (AIR Resources).
ADG (AIR Resources), responsible for implementation of projects & fulfilling commitments to the clients.
· Providing turnkey solutions to IGNOU in setting up FM Transmitters for Gyan Vani channels at 40 places in the country. - Sixteen Gyan-Vani stations at Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Allahabad, Lucknow, Coimbatore, Visakhapatnam, Mysore, Varanasi, Raipur, Rajkot, Jabalpur, Bangalore, Bhopal, Guwahati & Mumbai have been commissioned. At other 18 places Installation is in progress.
· Providing Prasar Bharati’s Infrastructure viz. land, building and tower on rental basis to IGNOU at all Gyan Vani stations, Private broadcasters at Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Lucknow; BSNL- at Chennai, Port Blair, Ahemdabad, Sholapur, Vishakhapatnam, Bhopal, Sholapur and Udhampur; MTNL-at New Delhi; AIRTEL at Port Blair, Banswara, Mount Abu, Guwahati, Jowai, Jorhat; HUTCH at Chennai and seven places in Rajasthan; Reliance Infocomm at Bhadrawati and Shillong; TATA Teleservices at Mount Abu.
· Undertaken Operation and Maintenance of 16 IGNOU Gyan Vani transmitting stations
· AIR Resources has signed MoU with the Universities / Educational institutions for providing turnkey consultancy services for setting up their Community Radio Stations.
· Provided Airtime on 96 FM Tr. in AIR network to Deptt. Of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture for broadcasting of KISAN- VANI Programme.
· Providing Airtime on AIR 10 kW FM Tr. At AIR, Shillong to IGNOU for Gyan Vani Channel.
· Providing AIR Studio facilities to IGNOU at Rajkot, Jabalpur, Varanasi, Guwahati, Shillong.
· AIR Resources has earned Revenue of Rs. 19.70 crores during last year (2004-05).
· Achieved a turnover of Rs.55.07 Crores since its inception in May 2001.